- Continuing to produce double-digit year-to-year returns on the evening, ABC surged over the year-ago Wednesday in Viewers (+20%) and Adults 18-49 (+14%). In fact, ABC was the only broadcaster to grow its Adult 18-49 number year to year.
- The Net equaled its strongest Wednesday since February with young adults – since 2/29/12.
At 8pm, against CBS’ Survivor: One World and the start of Fox’s 2-hour Idol, ABC’s The Middle outdelivered NBC’s Off their Rockers by 1.6 million viewers and by 54% in Adults 18-49. In addition, the ABC comedy beat out Survivor for its 6th straight first-run telecast in Adults 18-34 and Women 18-34.
Retaining 100% of its young adult lead-in at 8:30pm, ABC’s Suburgatory paced well ahead of its NBC freshman competition in its slot, defeating a second episode of Off their Rockers by 18% in Total Viewers and by 43% in Adults 18-49. For the 7th consecutive original airing, the ABC freshman comedy took full control of the second half of Survivor: One World with Adults 18-34 (+25%) and Women 18-34 (+46%).
- The ABC freshman comedy boosted its slot year to year by 25% in Adults 18-49 over original comedy programming on the same night last year.
TV’s #1 scripted show for the 2nd straight season in Adults 18-49, ABC’s Modern Family doubled its lead-in at 9pm to qualify as Wednesday’s dominant scripted program, leading runner-up CBS’ Criminal Minds by 25%. In addition, Modern Family beat American Idol head to head in the half hour to stand as Wednesday’s #1 TV show overall with Adults 18-34, Men 18-34 and Women 18-34.
- Compared its last original two weeks ago, Modern Family retained 100% of its “Fast Affiliate” Adult 18-49 number. In addition, the show was up with Women 18-49, posting a 7-week high – since 3/14/12.
- ABC’s Modern Family grew over its year-ago broadcast in both viewers and young adults.
During the 9:30pm half-hour against the conclusion of Idol, ABC’s Don’t Trust the B— in Apartment 23 ranked as the #1 scripted show in its slot for the 3rd time in 4 telecasts in Adults 18-34, Women 18-34 and Men 18-34.
- Don’t Trust the B— in Apartment 23 jumped week to week by double digits in Total Viewers (+20%) and Adults 18-49 (+20%). In addition, the new show once again improved its half-hour year to year among viewers (+7%) and young adults (+9%), beating original comedy programming on the year-ago night.
During the 10 o’clock hour, ABC’s Revenge ran in a near tie for first place Adults 18-49 (tying CBS’ CSI in audience share), while ranking #1 in the hour with Adults 18-34 and across all key Women demos (W18-34/W18-49/W25-54). The ABC freshman drama beat out NBC’s veteran Law & Order: SVU in the hour with Total Viewers (+9%), Adults 18-49 (+17%) and Adults 25-54 (+17%).
- Revenge delivered dramatic improvement in the hour for ABC over original programming on the same night last year in Total Viewers (+97%), Adults 25-54 (+69%) and Adults 18-49 (+40%).