Victorville, CA – El Dorado Broadcasters, LLC has an immediate opening for a Chief Engineer to work in our Victorville, CA operations.
Required Skills / Experience:
• 3+ years of experience in a radio engineering role.
• Bachelors degree or equivalent in electronics, communication or related field.
• SBE Certification highly desirable.
• 3+ years of experience troubleshooting and repairing failures in broadcast equipment to the component level.
• Thorough understanding of the components necessary to the broadcast air-chain.
• Implementation and maintenance with streaming media.
• Possess understanding of radio frequency emission theory & application.
• Good written & verbal communication skills
• Strong problem-solving ability.
• Strong communication and management skills
• User-level knowledge of MS Office.
• Nexgen automation support, both hardware and software.
• IT experience in standard radio applications is needed, understanding of Microsoft Active Directory, server operating systems, networking and Windows 7/10.
• Maintains valid CA driver’s license; acceptable motor vehicle record, acceptable criminal record report.
• Travel will be required to other markets.
• Must be insurable.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee is subject to hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, and exposure to high heat and cold. (Activities occur inside and outside).
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus.
General Competencies Required:
• demonstrates attention to detail
• conserves organizational resources
• identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
• shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences
• gathers and analyzes information skillfully
• promotes a harassment-free environment
• seeks self-improvement
• completes tasks correctly and on time
• learns new skills to improve job performance
• supports organization’s goals, values, and policies
• maintains confidentiality
speaks clearly; listens and gets clarification
• Install, maintain, & repair broadcast equipment.
• Perform installation & maintenance to microwave & satellite equipment.
• Repair equipment to the module level.
• Ensure that all equipment within area of responsibility is operating safely & legally.
• Fill role as Station Chief Operator as defined under FCC rules Part 73, (73.1870)
• Responsible for station compliance with FCC technical regulations
• Ensure that needed operational and maintenance procedures and guidelines for modern new production systems editing, graphics and playback equipment are followed
• Provide input to capital budgeting process
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
We offer full-time employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and life insurance and other benefits.
All applicants will be required to take skills assessment, personality assessment, background check and drivers record inquiry.
If you would like to be a part of a great team, please email your resume, references, and salary requirements to [email protected]