Dallas, TX- Career opportunity for a Digital Content Producer converging broadcast media to the web through BlackAmericaWeb.com/REACH Digital Properties.
Producer will curate exclusive content/interviews from the Tom Joyner Morning Show as well as create original content and post audio, transcripts, sharing through social media & other websites.
Candidate must maximize the resources from content partnerships & share content within a wide network; utilize user generated content & extend reach through an active social media base.
Best candidate is able to generate original ideas and has an understanding of online culture, editorial judgment curating content that is relevant; plus skilled SEO & SMO.
Position is located in Dallas, TX.
• Generate convergent content (real time) to the official web portal, Black America Web, created from the Tom Joyner Morning Show (5:00 AM – 9:00 AM CST) or any other Reach Media property assigned to and support ongoing editorial initiatives throughout the day, including photo gallery creation, non-TJMS content, and social media.
• Generate original ideas as well as work to enhance existing ideas to reflect and extend the programming of The Tom Joyner Morning Show on BlackAmericaWeb.com and digital properties where applicable.
• Work directly with Programming and department staff to develop and post content that supports on air and online projects on an ongoing basis.
• Provide proofing, editing and copy writing support for editorial content.
• Post audio and video files as directed on syndicated websites.
• Write original articles for posting on BlackAmericaWeb.com and digital properties when applicable in a time-sensitive environment.
• Produce customized postings for various social media platforms daily supporting overall editorial and marketing goals.
• Collaborate with Senior Designer to create custom video
• Participate in various site maintenance duties
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work with diversified group of individuals.
• Flexible and able to react positively to challenge and change.
• Solid experience proofing, editing and writing creative copy.
• Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a high pressured environment.
• Social media savvy with experience using mobile apps, creating social content.
• Stays current with interactive trends, best practices and digital experiences.
• Must be highly organized and have excellent time management and execution skills – an entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to work independently.
• High level attention to detail.
• Solid familiarity with HTML, Photoshop, digital video, digital audio a plus.
• Experience and skilled in Microsoft software applications.
• B.A./B.S. in Journalism, Communications or other relevant field or quantifiable job experience.
• Experience working in Interactive Media preferred.
• Experience resizing and cropping images for online distribution.
• Experience posting online content a plus.
• A passion for writing.
Compensation: Competitive salary plus benefits.
Location: Dallas, TX. No relocation will be provided.
Reports To: Director & Editor, BlackAmericaWeb.com/Reach Media Digital Properties
Position Availability: As soon as possible
Candidates possessing the required professional experience, who display high energy and want to work in a dynamic and vibrant work environment should submit their resume along with salary requirements, references & writing samples via email: [email protected]
NO CALLS – NO AGENCIES
Reach Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.