CBS Radio Detroit has launched a new HD Radio Station and website, MichiganSaver Radio and www.MichiganSaver.com. Both the station (WYCD-FM 99.5-HD3) and website are designed with the cost-conscious consumer in mind. The MichiganSaver brand is 100% devoted to Michigan consumers and connects them to the best deals and cost savings available. The former 99.5 HD-3 The Psychic Studio has moved to sister station WOMC HD-3.
MichiganSaver.com is the first stop: a website where consumers can find ways to save money and make money, no matter how they like to shop. Among the programs offered at MichiganSaver.com are:
• Michigan Half Off, where consumers have the opportunity to purchase merchant or restaurant certificates and tickets at half price!
• Michigan Saver Classifieds, which allows consumers to post ads to sell goods they no longer need, or buy items from others.
• Michigan Saver Click-It Coupons are free-to-the-consumer money-saving coupons from local merchants that they can download and print on their home computers.
• SavingsAngel is a paid subscription service for the avid coupon clipper, and
• GreenBack Street, an online shopping program that features hundreds of national and regional retail sites and offers a cash-back incentive to consumers who begin their shopping trip through the GreenBack Street portal.
MichiganSaver Radio ties all these programs together and helps consumers make the most of them. MichiganSaver Radio will air local and national news and will provide Michigan consumers with news they can use.
“MichiganSaver Radio is an exciting new radio station and website (Michigansaver.com) that will help consumers make the most of their money,” noted Tim Roberts, Operations Manager of MichiganSaver Radio. “Our goal is to give our listeners one location with a variety of ways to save and stretch their hard earned dollars.”
In addition, MichiganSaver Radio will air such shows as “Home Talk,” “Car Clinic,” “Garden Life,” and “Computer America.” These shows are provided through Business Talk Radio Network and will provide Michigan consumers with advice and info.
RBR-TVBR observation: This is a great way for the station to monetize HD Radio in a different way. Advertisers that become a part of it are showcased where consumers are the most aware right now – the savings zone. And the cross-promotion between main signal (99.5 HD-1), the website and sister stations will certainly drive traffic to local retailers. Great idea!