Ostlund’s One Putt will own 50% of the trio. The stations are KJFX-FM Fresno, KJZN-FM San Joaquin and KFRR-FM Woodlake.
The seller is Wilks Broadcast Fresno LLC, headed by CEO Jeffrey Wilks.
One Putt Broadcasting LLC is half-owned by John Ostlund, and the other half is owned by Fat Dawgs7 Broadcasting LLC, which in turn is owned mainly by Christopher L. Pacheco, with 70%, along with 25% shareholder Jim Huelskamp and 5% shareholder Tony Pacheco.
The price is $6,600,000. An LMA began 11/13/14 and will run until closing.
Here’s a look at the stations coming in the deal:
* Classic Rock KJFX-FM is a Class B on 95.7 MHz with 17.5 kW @ 850’. Market coverage is excellent.
* Sports KJZN-FM is a Class B1 on 105.5 MHz with 25 kW @ 328’. It’s oriented to the southwest of the city, and covers all of it, just reaching the northeast side
* New Rock KFRR-FM is a Class B on 104.1 MHz with 17 kW @ 853’. The station is oriented to the east of Fresno, with the primary contour covering about half of the city.
Here are the stations already in the One Putt portfolio. All have good market orientation.
* KJWL-FM Fresno, a Class B1 Soft AC station on 99.3 MHz with 14.5 kW @ 344’.
* KFPT-AM Clovis, a Class B Sports station on 790 kHz with 5 kW-D, 2.5 kW-N, DA2.
* KFIG-AM Fresno, a Class B Sports station on 940 kHz with 50 kW-U, DA2.
* KYNO-AM Fresno, Class B Oldies station on 1430 kHz with 5 kW-U, DA.