The first 10 start-ups have been selected to participate in SPROCKIT’s 2017 program.
Up to 30 emerging companies will be selected by industry leaders to participate based on their potential to offer what the NAB and SPROCKIT believe are “real solutions to challenges in today’s evolving market.”
Now in its fifth year, SPROCKIT will showcase industry-vetted emerging companies at the 2017 NAB Show, set for April 22-27 in Las Vegas, and throughout the year at SPROCKIT Sync, a series of private forums where industry executives and entrepreneurs meet to collectively discuss new technologies that will advance the industry.
Since its launch in 2013, nearly 100 emerging companies have participated in SPROCKIT, many of which have experienced successful funding rounds, partnerships and acquisitions.
“SPROCKIT Hub at NAB Show brings together the right combination of established corporations and vetted start-ups to create partnerships that benefit both parties,” said SPROCKIT founder and CEO Harry Glazer. “The right companies, the right places at the right time – that’s what SPROCKIT is.”
The first 10 participating companies in this year’s SPROCKIT program are:
- dotstudioPRO enables companies and network partners to deliver content directly to consumers via websites and branded applications and across OTT platforms.
- Epidemic Sound offers a global direct license that enables media companies to easily distribute content across all platforms.
- Ex Machina develops apps and multiscreen strategies for media companies and advertisers seeking engagement solutions for TV programs and live streams.
- Guidebox puts video apps in front of users when they are searching for content on AppleTV, Roku, Amazon Fire, Google Chromecast and more.
- ICX Media is a digital video management and data analytics platform for media companies, brands, digital video producers and creators.
- Streamroot enables content providers to offer better quality video while improving the economics of OTT delivery.
- Tradecast.TV introduces the only end-to-end solution for easily managing, distributing and monetizing individual interactive TV channels and broadcasting networks, including a cloud-based linear TV channel and countless on demand, VOD/OTT, and live broadcasting possibilities.
- Wildmoka allows broadcasters and content owners to clip individual moments from live TV and events and share them across web, mobile and social platforms.
- Vertebrae’s native solutions bring the world of virtual and augmented reality advertising to brands. The headset-agnostic platform acts as a conduit and pipeline connecting advertisers with developers and publishers.
- Vydeo is a patent-pending platform and software development kit for third party apps to interact with users via video.
SPROCKIT is still accepting applications for participation and will be inviting companies on a rolling basis. The application deadline to secure space for the 2017 NAB Show is March 1.
SPROCKIT is created in collaboration with World Series of Startups LLC and the NAB. SPROCKIT corporate partners include Cox Media Group, Fox Networks Group, HCL Technologies, Hearst Television, Samsung NEXT, TEGNA Inc., Univision Communications, and Verizon Digital Media Services.