The results are in for the class of 2019 Radio Hall of Fame inductees who will be honored on Nov. 8, in New York at Gotham Hall.
Who are this year’s inductees?
The inductees are:
- Sean “Hollywood” Hamilton, WKTU-FM in New York and Weekly Top 30 Countdown host. The nationally syndicated program is distributed by Premiere Networks. WKTU is an iHeart Rhythmic AC station.
- Harry Harrison, a legendary on-air morning personality who held positions at Top 40 WMCA-AM 570 and WABC-AM 770 in New York before joining WCBS-FM 101.1.
- Kevin Ryder and Gene “Bean” Baxter, The Kevin & Bean Show, KROQ-FM in Los Angeles, an Entercom station
- Joe Madison, Joe Madison, The Black Eagle, SiriusXM Urban View
- Jim Rome, The Jim Rome Show, CBS Sports Radio
- Ryan Seacrest, KIIS-FM in Los Angeles, On Air with Ryan Seacrest and American Top 40 with Ryan Seacrest. The nationally syndicated programs are distributed by by Premiere Networks. KIIS is an iHeart radio station.
- John Tesh, Intelligence for your Life, nationally syndicated by Compass Media Networks
- Dr. Ruth Westheimer, The Dr. Ruth Show on NBC Radio and host of Sexually Speaking on the former WYNY-FM 97.1 in New York
“I’m especially proud to welcome these individuals into the Radio Hall of Fame,” RHOF Chairman Kraig Kitchin said. “Their on-air performances and audience relationships are especially remarkable. Each of our 2019 nominees are worthy of induction and I’m appreciative of all those who participated in our process of selecting our Class of 2019, who will join the 238 Radio Hall of Fame inductees already recognized for their great work.”
Four inductees were determined by a voting participant panel comprised of nearly 1,000 industry professionals and four inductees were voted on by the Radio Hall of Fame Nominating Committee, two with input from the public. The outcome of the listener vote for a music format and spoken word format on-air personality counted as one vote among the committee votes.
The process was administered by Votem and overseen by the certified public accounting firm Miller Kaplan Arase LLP.
The Mix Group is the presenting sponsor of the Radio Hall of Fame induction ceremony.
The Radio Hall of Fame honors notable radio personalities and showcases their accomplishments in the Chicago-based Museum of Broadcast Communications. Each year, 24 nominations in six categories are determined by the organization’s Nominating Committee, which is comprised of 23 industry leaders. The museum collects, preserves, and presents historic and contemporary radio and television content as well as educates, informs, and entertains the public through its archives, public programs, screenings, exhibits, publications and online access to its resources.
The museum is located at 360 North State Street in downtown Chicago and was founded by veteran broadcaster Bruce DuMont in 1983.
Tickets to the induction ceremony are now available at www.radiohalloffame.com. A portion of ticket purchases is a tax-deductible charitable donation to the Museum of Broadcast Communications.