Come June 12, the NAB Education Foundation (NABEF) will be engaged in rounds of applause for broadcasters who have engaged in exceptional community service initiatives.
Which companies are honored is now up for grabs, as entries for the 20th anniversary Celebration of Service to America Awards, which NABEF presents, are being accepted through March 9.
For its 20th year, NABEF’s Celebration of Service to America Awards will see new award categories. “Enter as a broadcast group, large, medium or small market station – all radio and television broadcasters have a shot at winning,” NABEF says. “Your station is making an impact and we think your team deserves to be recognized.”
This event also serves as NABEF’s primary fundraiser, allowing the arm of the National Association of Broadcasters to execute programs of benefit to the broadcast industry.
During the 2018 Celebration of Service to America Awards, eight Service to Community Awards will be presented to broadcasters – with one radio and one television honoree in each of the following categories:
- Broadcast Ownership Group
- Large/Major Market (TV DMAs 1-50, Radio Markets 1-50)
- Medium (TV DMAs 51-100, Radio Markets 51-150)
- Small (TV DMAs 101-210, Radio Markets 151-300)
Award winners receive:
- National recognition for local community service
- Roundtrip airfare and hotel in Washington, D.C., to attend the Celebration of Service to America Awards
- Two complimentary tickets for the Celebration of Service to America Awards
- Opportunity to meet members of Congress, FCC commissioners and broadcast industry leaders
More information on how to enter can be found here.