Young Broadcasting, owner and operator of television stations in ten DMAs, is headed for the Chapter 11 auction block. It filed for protection back in February, and now has a date with the auctioneer on 7/14/09. According to a report in Nashville’s The Tennessean, there is “a healthy amount of interest” in the offer. They are attempting to sell the group as a whole rather than in pieces.
Here is what’s up for grabs.
* Nashville TN: WKRN-TV ABC
* Albany-Schenectady-Troy, NY: WTEN-TV and satellite WCDC-TV, both ABC
* Richmond VA: WRIC-TV ABC
* Knoxville TN: WATE-TV ABC
* Green Bay WI: WBAY-TV ABC
* Lansing MI: WLNS-TV CBS
* Lafayette LA: KLFY-TV CBS
* Sioux Falls, SD: KELO-TV CBS. KELO also has MyNetworkTV on a DTV multicast, and has three satellites, KDLO-TV & KPLO-TV, both Sioux Falls, and KCLO-TV Rapid City SD
* Davenport IA-Rock Island-Moline IL: KWQC-TV NBC
* San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose CA: KRON-TV MNTV
* Young also owns national advertising rep firm Adam Young Inc.