From 8-9pm, against Fox’s American Idol and CBS’ first-run comedies (The Big Bang Theory/Rules of Engagement), ABC’s Missing once again more than doubled the audience for NBC’s original comedy block (+103% over Community/30 Rock Live Episode). The new ABC drama matched the established NBC comedies with Adults 25-54 and led with Women 18-49.
* Missing surged week to week by 29% in Adults 18-34, equaling a 5-week high –since 3/22/12.
* Vaulting over its Adult 18-49 lead-in at 9pm (+146%), ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy won its slot for the third week in a row to stand as Thursday’s #1 drama. Dominating the 9 o’clock hour, Grey’s Anatomy beat out CBS’ Person of Interest by 33%, Fox’s Idol-driven Touch by a best-ever 68% and NBC’s comedy block by 68% (The Office/Parks and Recreation). Additionally, Grey’s qualified as Thursday’s top-rated TV show with Adults 18-34 (2nd straight week) and Women 18-34 (4th straight week).
* Although it faced increased competition in the hour, ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy held even with its week-ago “Fast Affiliate” Adult 18-49 number, putting it on track to match an 11-week high as it adjusts upward in the National ratings – since 2/9/12. The ABC drama also equaled its highest ratings in nearly 3 months with Adults 18-34 and Adults 25-54 – since 2/9/12.
* During the 10 o’clock hour, ABC freshman Scandal tied CBS’ time-period established The Mentalist for #1 in Adults 18-49. Versus its freshman drama competition in the slot, ABC’s Scandal soared over NBC’s Awake by 218% in Total Viewers, by 211% in Adults 25-54 and by 163% in Adults 18-49. In addition, Scandal took full control of The Mentalist in Adults 18-34 (+55%) and won its slot for the 4th week running with key Women (W18-49/W25-54).
* Despite going up against an original The Mentalist, ABC’s Scandal rose 5% in Adults 18-49 week to week (maintaining its week-ago “Fast Affiliate” rating). In addition, the show grew over the prior week to post series-best numbers with Adults 18-34 and Adults 25-54.