ABC: “Once Upon a Time” tops with Women


Note: On the first Sunday of Daylight Saving Time, overall TV usage declined notably during the opening hours of the night. Week to week Adult 18-49 PUTs were off -6% during the 7 o’clock hour and down -7% in the 8 o’clock hour.

Spiking over its Adult 18-49 lead-in (+57%) 8pm, ABC’s Once Upon a Time ran neck-and-neck with CBS’ Amazing Race for the lead in the hour, closing the gap week to week to pace within 1-tenth of a rating point.  The ABC drama once again won its time slot with key Women (W18-34/W18-49) to stand as Sunday’s top-rated broadcast series.  Despite facing declining viewing levels week to week, Once Upon a Time was up 5% over its week-ago Fast Affiliate Adult 18-49 number.  The show was also up week to week in Total Viewers (+1%), Adults 18-34 (+6%) and Kids 2-11 (+11%).

Up 11% in Adults 18-49 from its last telecast 3 weeks ago before The Oscars, ABC’s Revenge returned with strong lead-in retention (91%), beating the first hour of NBC’s Celebrity Apprentice by 25% and CBS’ The Good Wife by 33% during the 9 o’clock hour.  In addition, the sophomore drama made ABC the #1 broadcaster in the hour with Adults 25-54 and across all key Women demos.  Building for its 2nd airing in Total Viewers (+13%) and Adults 18-49 (+11%), “Revenge” posted its best numbers since the beginning of January – since 1/6/13.  Season to date, Revenge has gained 21% in Adults 18-49 over the same point in its freshman season.

During the 10 o’clock hour, ABC’s Red Widow retained 80% of its week ago 2-hour series debut in Adults 18-49.  Based on the first 3 days of TV playback (Live + 3 Day Ratings), Red Widow (on 3/3/13 from 9-11pm) grew over its Live +Same Day numbers by 1.8 million viewers (7.1 million to 8.9 million) and by 27% in Adults 18-49 (1.5 rating to a 1.9 rating).