ABC Scores Impressive Cross-Platform Numbers for its 2012 Oscar Content
- Across TV and digital platforms, audiences consumed 9.02 billion minutes of ABC’s Academy Awards-themed programming – cumulative number of minutes viewed across platforms of ABC’s Oscar programming since the nomination announcements on “Good Morning America.”
- With the “Oscar’s Red Carpet Live” pre-show, the Academy Awards telecast and “Jimmy Kimmel Live: After the Academy Awards,” ABC’s Oscar programming on Sunday reached an estimated 80.77 million unique television viewers across the U.S. – unduplicated Viewers 2+ watching 1-minute or more during the broadcast.
- Oscar.com and the Oscar App experienced tremendous year-over-year growth. The number of visitors to Oscar.com since the nomination announcement (11.0 million) jumped 53% over 2011, and the Oscar App was downloaded 375,000 times, an incredible 1177% spike over 2011. On Oscar Sunday alone, 4 million people visited Oscar.com or used an Oscar App.
- Through the Oscar.com and the Oscar App, the digital audience consumed over 50 million cumulative minutes on Sunday (33.7 million on 2/26/12) and Monday (16.4 million on 2/27/12).
- Social media sites like Twitter, Facebook, GetGlue and Miso on Oscar Sunday garnered a total Social TV Score of 4.5 million, surging by 125% over last year (2.0 million).
- ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live: After the Academy Awards” special has garnered over 8.0 million online video views via ABC.com and YouTube.
TV Source: The Nielsen Company (National Program Ratings), 1/29- 2/26/12. Online Sources: Adobe SiteCatalyst, Omniture and Youtube through 3/1/12. Social Media Source: Trendrr TV, 2/26/12 vs. 2/27/11.