Up against NBC’s Sunday Night Football and an NFL-overrun boosted CBS, ABC outdrew Fox’s Sunday night schedule by 2.0 million viewers. During the 7 o’clock hour, opposite CBS’ huge Broncos-Patriots NFL primetime overrun, ABC’s season opener of America’s Funniest Home Videos grew from its year-ago season premiere in Total Viewers, across the Women demos and with Kids 2-11. The veteran ABC video clip show retained 100% of its year-ago opener with Adults 18-49.
· From its first half-hour to its second half-hour, AFVH saw its numbers shoot up by 26% in viewers and by 50% in young adults.
More than doubling its Adult 18-49 lead-in (+120%) and building audience from start to finish, ABC’s Once Upon a Time finished #1 against its non-sports competition from 8-9pm, beating an NFL-overrun-fueled CBS by 10% (60 Minutes/Amazing Race) and Fox’s animated comedies by 22% (The Simpsons/Bob’s Burgers). Once Upon a Time won its hour across all key Women demos (W18-34/W18-49/W25-54) and stood as Sunday’s #1 TV show with Women 18-34 for the 2nd week in a row. The Disney-owned drama retained over 90% of its big week-ago premiere with Women 18-34 (92%) and Kids 2-11 (94%).
· Once Upon a Time boosted its time period over the year-ago night by 30% in Total Viewers and by 65% in Adults 18-49.
· Based on early DVR playback for the new season (Live + 3 Day), Once Upon a Time saw its numbers spike by 2.4 million viewers and by 1.1 Adult 18-49 rating points over its initially-reported Live + Same Day ratings.
During the 9 o’clock hour, Revenge moved ABC further ahead of its CBS competition, beating out the combination of Amazing Race and The Good Wife by 30% in Adults 18-49. In addition, the ABC sophomore drama ranked as the #1 entertainment program in its time period with key Women (W18-34/W18-49/W25-54).
· ABC’s Revenge was up from its year-ago performance on Wednesday night (on 10/5/11) in both viewers (+8%) and young adults (+8%).
· A big gainer in DVR playback, Revenge built from its L+SD to L+3 numbers by 2.2 million viewers and nearly 1.0 Adult 18-49 rating point (+0.9).
Topping CBS’ dramas (The Good Wife/The Mentalist) in the 10 o’clock hour, ABC’s 666 Park Avenue ranked as the #1 non-sports program in its time slot for the 2nd week in a row with key Adults (AD18-34/AD18-49).
· During its first 3 days of DVR playback, 666 Park Avenue saw its Adult 18-49 rating jump by 38% and added on another 2.0 million viewers over its Live + Same Day numbers.