Alexandria LA Urban duo being sold

0

Urban Radio Broadcasting LLC is leaving the Alexandria LA market, and the beneficiary of its exit will be JWBP Broadcasting. Being transferred are two Urban formatted FM stations – KBCE and KMXH.


The buyer is principally owned by Jerry Williams Sr., who holds a 65% stake in JWBP. The other 35% is in the hands of Beaird Properties LLC, with Susan L. Beaird taking a lead role among a number of Beaird stakeholders.
The price will be $600K cash.

Kevin Wagner is the principal of the seller, KBCE is licensed to Trinity Broadcasting Corporation and KMXH is licensed to FM Broadcasting Corporation. Wagner remains active elsewhere, with stations in Alabama, Mississippi, Tennesssee and Ohio.

KBCE is a Class C3 on 102.3 MHz with 21 kW @ 289’; KMXH is a Class A on 93.9 MHz with 6 kW @ 328’. Both stations are players in the local Arbitron rankings.

According to the contract, two brokerage firms played a role in the transaction, Media Services Group on behalf of the seller and The Proctor Group on behalf of the buyer.