The Advanced Television Broadcasting Alliance (ATBA) is working hard to make sure the television industry is poised to remain a robust participant in the electronic communications world going forward, and has just announced who will be helping to guide its efforts.
“We are excited with the new additions to the ATBA Board of Directors,” says Louis Libin, ATBA Executive Director. “We have a fantastic group of industry professionals that will help drive our mission and goals.”
Our board of director members are important to the day to day operations of the ATBA,” according to Lee Miller, ATBA Communications Director. “Our board represents a broad range of the broadcast industry including equipment manufacturers, networks, full power, low power and translator broadcasters.”
The new members include
* Gary Cocola, ATBA Board Chairman, Cocola Broadcasting Companies, KMBY
* Rob Folliard, Vice President and Deputy General Counsel, Gray Television
* Annette Garcia, President and GM, Son Broadcasting
* Howard Mintz, General Counsel, Mako Communications
They will join the following incumbent board members:
* Mark Aitken – Vice President, Advanced Technology, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc.
* Rod Payne – President, CFNT, Class A LPTV stations in Wichita Falls, TX
* Perry Priestley – CEO, Anywave Communication Technologies
* Irwin Podhajser – Sr. Vice President Broadcast Operations. DTV America Corporation
* Byron St. Clair – President Emeritus – National Translator Association; Active LPTV and Translator Engineering Consultant; Member Board of Directors of Non -Commercial PBS affiliate TV station – KBDI, Denver, CO
* Randy Weiss, Ph.D. – Owner, EICB TV, Excellence in Christian Broadcasting; President, CrossTalk International
* Jim West – President, The Walk TV; DrTV Channel