TV group Allbritton Communications is bringing in outside help to explore its strategic alternatives, and one of those may be the outright sale of the company. Included in its portfolio are television stations in seven markets, and a cable news outlet that goes along with its Washington DC station.
Moelis & Company LLC is looking into the financial aspects of the options, and Dow Lohnes is handling the legal side.
Allbritton was careful to avoid making a definitive statement as to its intentions. It said, “There can be no assurance that the exploration of strategic alternates will result in the consummation of any transaction. The Company does not intend to comment further regarding the evaluation of strategic alternatives until such time as its Board of Directors has determined the outcome of the process or otherwise has deemed that disclosure is appropriate.”
Here’s what’s on the table:
* WJLA-TV and NewsChannel 8, Washington, DC (#8)
* WCFT-TV/WJSU-TV/WBMA-LP, Birmingham-Tuscaloosa-Anniston, AL (#42)
* WHTM-TV, Harrisburg, PA (#43)
* KATV, Little Rock, AR (#56)
* KTUL, Tulsa, OK (#59)
* WSET-TV, Lynchburg, VA (#68)
* WCIV, Charleston, SC (#98) (held in an affiliated company)