Pocatello, ID – KPVI News 6, the NBC station for Eastern Idaho and Northwest Wyoming, is searching for an experienced and aggressive Anchor/Producer/Reporter for weeknight newscasts.
Pocatello-Idaho Falls-Jackson offers some of the best outdoor activities including, skiing, hiking, rafting and many others. Both Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks are nearby. We’re also only a few hours’ drive to Boise or Salt Lake City.
Candidates must have at least 2 years proven success in another market, be a leader and dedicated to the craft of multiplatform storytelling. Organization, communications, multitasking, and time management skills are a must. Our anchors write and edit stories for the newscast, use non-linear video editing programs, operate as an MMJ and be able to produce a newscast when needed.
• Knowledgeable of basic news gathering procedures (including camera operation, video editing and broadcast writing)
• Able to deliver live and as-live reports
• Ability to work well with fellow employees and members of the community.
• Proficient in MS Word, Outlook, Non-linear editing, video camera operation, and news producing software
• Bachelor’s Degree and minimum two years broadcast experience preferred
• Must have a valid driver’s license, and good driving record
• Responsible for presenting the news during live half hour newscasts
• Responsible for enterprising news and web stories for KPVI.com and social media accounts
• Responsible for developing strong contacts with local, state and national officials and prominent community members
• Responsible for shooting, editing, writing and posting all self-generated content to KPVI.com
• Responsible for regularly updating KPVI.com with newswire information, press releases and breaking news
• Able to deliver on-camera live and as-live reports both in the studio and in the field
• Able to familiarize oneself with ENG news gathering procedures including FTP and Microwave truck operation
• Participate in community outreach, including but not limited to station tours, school presentations and emcee live events
• Assist in producing newscasts including producing and recording daily topicals and teases.
• Assist in training of new multimedia journalists/anchor talent
• Able to strictly adhere to deadlines
• Able to work a variety of shifts to cover breaking news and developing stories
• Keep up-to-date on on-going coverage and news features
• Prepare and present longer form special reports for ratings periods
• Closely follow local events and meetings to contribute to daily news planners
• Other duties as assigned
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter and link to an example of your work to [email protected]
Idaho Broadcast Partners is an equal opportunity employer.