Last night, AMERICAN IDOL showed stability week to week, remaining virtually even in both the core demo and Total Viewers versus its performance last Thursday.
FOX won the night in Adults 18-49, Adults 18-34 and Teens and outperformed the next highest network for the night by +11% in Adults 18-49 (3.9 vs. 3.5 CBS) and +35% in Adults 18-34 (2.7 vs. 2.0 for both ABC and CBS).
FOX has won every Monday through Thursday night since AMERICAN IDOL premiered.
* AMERICAN IDOL: 5.4/14, down only -2% from last week and will be even with last week once it goes up a tenth in the finals
* Last night’s IDOL was even week over week in Total Viewers (17.1)
* IDOL ranked #1 for the night among Adults 18-49, Total Viewers and Teens
* IDOL grew by +16% in both Adults 18-49 (5.8 vs. 5.0) and Total Viewers (18.4 vs. 15.8 Mil.) from its first half hour to its second
* THE FINDER: 2.4/6, down -14% from last week but is still +9% above its season average (2.2)
* Delivered its second-highest ratings so far in Adults 18-49 and Total Viewers.
* ABC ran Wipeout (1.8/5, flat), Grey’s Anatomy (3.5/9, flat), and Private Practice (2.3/6, up +10%).
* CBS aired The Big Bang Theory (5.4/16, down -2%), Rob (3.4/9, down -3%), Person Of Interest (3.3/9, up +3%), and The Mentalist (2.8/8, down -7%).
* NBC’s 30 Rock (1.3/4) dropped -19% to its series low. Parks & Recreation (1.8/5) gained +6% from last week while The Office (2.7/7) dropped -10% from its last original to its season low. Up All Night (1.8/5) dipped -5%, and The Firm (0.8/2) closed out the night down -20% from last week – its lowest rating to date.