We recently published an article on the best days for shopping, based on when most other consumers won’t be, gaining access to shorter lines and better service. Another study takes a different approach – don’t worry about crowds and focus on what’s likely to be on sale, when, and where.
This study comes from savings.com, which has analyzed 1.5M deals offered by some 25K retailers to come up with its recommendations.
“Black Friday and Cyber Monday are great days to shop and save, and we have already seen from our partners that this year is going to be huge for savvy shoppers,” said Loren Bendele, co-founder and President of Savings.com. “In fact, in a recent survey of Savings.com members, 99% said they planned to shop and use deals on those days. However, we have also found that great deals are available for products throughout November and December, and we want to share our insight and give shoppers confidence that they are getting the best deal possible.”
Here, from savings.com, is the shopping list”
* November 22, Thanksgiving: Black Friday sales begin on Thanksgiving this year, the new and unofficial kick off to the shopping season.
* November 23, Black Friday: Electronics and apparel are the best gifts to shop for on Black Friday, as well as the days immediately following.
* November 26, Cyber Monday: The best gifts to shop for on Cyber Monday are electronics, apparel, toys & games, and items for the home & garden.
* November 27-December 7: Get the best deals from major toy retailers.
* December 17, Free Shipping Day: There is another spike of great deals from apparel brands on the last day free shipping is available to holiday shoppers looking to get their purchases delivered in time for Christmas.
* December 20-25: If you are thinking of buying a food & wine gift, the best deals are available the few days before Christmas.