The AMERICAN IDOL Top 7 Results show and an original TOUCH gave FOX another Thursday victory among Adults 18-49, Total Viewers, Adults 18-34, Adults 25-54, and Teens. FOX outperformed the No. 2 network by +36% among Adults 18-49 (vs. 2.2/6 for ABC) and +31% among Total Viewers (vs. 8.4 Mil for CBS).
FOX has now ranked #1 for 14 consecutive Thursdays among Adults 18-49, Adults 18-34, and Teens.
- AMERICAN IDOL: 3.9/13, down -7% from last Thursday’s prelims and should go up 1-2 tenths in the finals this afternoon. (Note that TV usage was down -5% from 8-9pm last night vs. last Thursday, so that accounts for a significant portion of the decline.)
- AMERICAN IDOL was the #1 program of the night among Adults 18-49, Total Viewers, Adults 25-54, and Teens.
- IDOL out-rated the night’s #2 program (Grey’s Anatomy) by +22% among Adults 18-49 and +51% in Total Viewers.
- Last night’s AMERICAN IDOL results show beat The Voice’s results show this week by +18% among Adults 18-49 (3.9/13 vs. 3.3/9) and +64% in Total Viewers (14.6 vs. 8.9 Mil).
- IDOL grew +26% in its second half hour vs its first among Adults 18-49 (4.3 vs. 3.4)TOUCH:2.1/6, down -9% from last week
- TOUCH ranked #1 in its hour among Teens and #2 among Adults 18-49
New ABC drama Missing (1.3/4) delivered its lowest rating to date, dropping -7% from last week (1.4/4). Grey’s Anatomy (3.2/9) and Scandal (2.1/6) were up +10% and +5%, respectively, from last Thursday.
Following a repeat Big Bang Theory (2.5/9), CBS’ Rules of Engagement (2.2/7) delivered its lowest rating of the season, down -19% from last week (2.7/8). Repeats of Person of Interest (1.5/4) and The Mentalist (1.5/4) aired from 9-11p.
On NBC, Community (1.3/5) matched its series low, dropping -7% from last Thursday (1.4/4). Following an original 30 Rock (1.5/5, up +7%), The Office posted a series-low 2.2/6 for the second straight week. At 9:30pm, Parks & Recreation returned from a five-week hiatus with a 1.8/5, flat with its most recent original telecast at 8:30p on 3/8/2012. At 10pm, Awake (0.8/2) delivered its lowest rating to date, down -11% from last week (0.9/2).