AOL Music ranked as the top ranked music website in both unique visitors and page views according to comScore media metrics. In August alone, AOL Music garnered more than 23 million unique visitors, outpacing its closest competitor MTV Networks by more than 5 million. AOL Music dominated in page views as well, garnering 614 million edging out MTV Networks, which ranked at #2, by 381 million.
"We’re committed to providing music fans with the most comprehensive and convient experience on the web," said Mike Rich, Senior Vice President of AOL."Our ongoing efforts to retool the site to focus on passion points in resonating both with consumers, artist’s and advertisers."
The August numbers cap a consistently strong year for the site which has experienced an 11.2% jump in unique visitors and 33% jump in page views.
Top 5 Music Websites According to August, 2008 comScore media metrics
1. AOL Music- 23,049,000- unique visitors, 614 million page views
2. MTV Networks- 17,696,000- unique visitors, 233 million page views
3. Yahoo! Music- 17,609,000- unique visitors, 173 million page views
4. MySpace Music- 17,428- unique visitors, 200 million page views
5. ARTISTdirect Network- 14,477 unique visitors, 111 million page views