Last week (week of March 16), AOL Radio’s iPhone application, http://daol.aol.com/software/mac/iphone/radio, passed the 3.5 million download mark…an impressive milestone considering it launched less than a year ago (July 2008), and a significant increase over Clear Channel Radio’s application which just passed the million mark.
In addition, since AOL Radio was one of the inaugural apps available at the iPhone launch:
• AOL Radio’s audience growth has increased by 58.8%;
• AOL Radio’s iPhone app was awarded with an Apple Design Award for the Best Entertainment Application;
• In December, the app was named one of iTunes Best of 2008 Top Free Music Apps;
• AOL Radio’s iPhone app is now a Top 100 free iPhone app and in the Top 10 for free music applications;
• The app gives users immediate, free access to over 350 online radio stations, including 150 local CBS RADIO stations and custom channels plus more than 200 AOL Radio channels;
• The app leverages iPhone’s Core Location framework to detect a user’s location and automatically display CBS RADIO stations nearest to the user.