There aren’t any rulemakings affecting broadcasters on the agenda when the temporarily slimmed-down panel of FCC commissioners meets in public Thursday 6/27/13. But we will get a status report on the incentive auction project.
Mignon Clyburn will officiate in her new role as Acting Chairwoman, with Jessica Rosenworcel and Ajit Pai filling out the panel.
At this time, FCC Chair nominee Tom Wheeler is still waiting to find out when his Senate Commerce Committee grilling will take place. And there is not yet a nominee to take the place of Robert McDowell.
There are four other items on the agenda in addition to the auction update. From the FCC, here it is:
* Improving Broadband Data Collection: The Commission will consider a Report and Order to improve and streamline the collection of broadband subscription and deployment data.
* Increasing the Nation’s Supply of Spectrum: The Commission will consider a Report and Order with licensing, service, and technical rules in the H Block at 1915-1920 and 1995-2000 MHz, that would help increase the Nation’s supply of spectrum for flexible-use services, including mobile broadband.
* Protecting Customer Propriety Network Information on Mobile Devices: The Commission will consider a Declaratory Ruling clarifying that wireless carriers that collect, or direct the collection of, customer proprietary network information (CPNI) on mobile devices must adhere to statutory and regulatory CPNI requirements in protecting that information.
* Status of Universal Service Reform Implementation: The Wireline Competition Bureau and Wireless Telecommunications Bureau will present an update on universal service reform implementation.
* Status of the Broadcast Incentive Auction: The Incentive Auction Task Force will present an update on progress towards the television broadcast incentive auction.