CBS Local Media has entered into an agreement to acquire Eventful, Inc. a leading digital media company in the events discovery, communication and personalization business, it was announced by Anton Guitano, CBS Local Media COO.
Eventful connects consumers with information on millions of concerts, movies listings and local events by using its proprietary algorithms to aggregate, and deliver an ever-growing volume of content from across the United States and around the world. Serving its users via multiple platforms, including online, mobile and email, Eventful creates fan interest profiles and delivers highly personalized recommendations on behalf of artists, publishers and marketers to each of their more than 21 million registered users.
The combination of CBS Local Media and Eventful will:
• Provide users with more engaging content, whether they’re interested in music, entertainment, sports or where to go in their hometown;
• Create new opportunities for marketers to reach consumers through a combination of digital, broadcast and live event platforms;
• Enable Eventful’s growing publisher network of licensees to access CBS Local Media’s award-winning news, information and best of content;
• Empower fans to influence programming and events via its patented crowdsourcing service, Demand it!;
• Assist more than 500,000 musicians, comedians, film-makers and others who have already used Demand it! to expand their relationships with fans.
“By offering audiences comprehensive local information all in one place, Eventful has amassed an engaged community that is passionate about finding experiences that match their lifestyle and personal tastes,” said Guitano. “This strategy reflects that of CBS Local Media, making this union a terrific complement to our growing digital business. Broadcast and online audiences will now have more insight into more events. Simultaneously, we are thrilled to offer our clients more options to reach their target customer.”
“The large volume of content available to consumers has created an environment where they are looking for credible brands to aid in the discovery process,” said Ezra Kucharz, President, CBS Local Digital Media. “Eventful’s talented and veteran team has created a best-in-class product that users have grown to trust. In combination with CBS Local Media’s assets and under the division’s leadership, we look forward to satisfying the increasing demand for customized event information regardless of how someone chooses to access it.”
“We are excited to join the CBS Local Media team, which shares our vision for delighting local audiences with highly personalized content,” said Jordan Glazier, CEO of Eventful. “I’m proud of the service that our team has built, and we look forward to working together to further innovate and expand our offerings to a substantially larger community.”