CBS is offering programming from across its leading content properties for the launch of the Apple iPad on 4/3. Consumers will be able to watch streaming video content from hit CBS shows and CBS.com technology content from CNET.com; they can also download iPad applications from Simon & Schuster, and a customized audio app from CBS Radio.
Content that will be available on the iPad from CBS includes:
Clips from hit CBS shows across daytime, primetime and late night, including YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS, HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER, TWO AND A HALF MEN, NCIS, CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION, UNDERCOVER BOSS, THE GOOD WIFE, THE LATE SHOW with DAVID LETTERMAN, as well as the most recent full episodes of SURVIVOR currently available on CBS.com.
The CBS Radio App:
Brings together programming from CBS Radio and streaming partners such as Yahoo! Music, among others, along with Last.fm’s scrobbling technology, artist pages, photo galleries, charts, and event listings backed by a community topping more than 40 million monthly users. Making it easier than ever for music, sports and news fans to immerse themselves in their mobile media experience, users will be able to intimately interact with over 550 professionally programmed music stations and at least three dozen news, talk and sports stations from across the nation. Utilizing iPad’s Multi-Touch interface, the Radio.com App provides access to CBS Radio’s over the air, HD multicast and digital only stations, along with more than 400 stations from leading online radio providers, including 150 plus from Yahoo! Music.
Key features of the radio app:
* The ability to read the latest news and editorials on a favorite artist; follow local, national and breaking news, and get updates on the latest scores and highlights from all the major sports teams and events;
* Once registered with Radio.com, users can scrobble music listening to a Last.fm profile to enable personalized music recommendations and allow friends to see what’s being listening to. To date, Last.fm has scrobbled almost 40 billion pieces of music currently coming in at peaks of 800 scrobbles per second;
* Users can view contextual content via Last.fm, including millions of artist pages and event listings, and photos that can be viewed as a slide show when the iPad is turned on its side;
* A multi-media functionality that gives users the ability to follow Twitter feeds, watch original videos created by CBS RADIO stations, and listen to podcasts.
Additionally, the app gives users the choice to search stations by location or genre, or visit any one of their 20 preset “favorites,” as well as toggle seamlessly between stations. Among the diverse lineup of choices are some of the most listened to stations of their kind including KROQ (alternative rock) in Los Angeles, WXRT (Triple AAA) and WUSN (country) in Chicago, WCBS-FM (classic hits) in New York, and WVEE (urban) in Atlanta, coupled with radio’s leading authorities on sports and news, such as WFAN and 1010 WINS in New York, respectively.
• A wide variety of CNET video available on CNET TV that covers technology news, reviews and how-to, including popular shows such as LOADED, THE BUZZ REPORT, APPLE BYTE, CNET CONVERSATIONS, PRIZE FIGHT and FIRST LOOK REVIEWS of hundreds of technology products—from smart phones, cell phones and TVs to MP3 players, desktops, laptops and more.
• The library of more than the 7,000 eBook titles from Simon & Schuster, which will be sold through the iBooks store, including current New York Times bestselling titles such as HOUSE RULES by Jodi Picoult, LITTLE BEE by Chris Cleave, COURAGE AND CONSEQUENCE by Karl Rove, WOMEN FOOD AND GOD by Geneen Roth and DARK VISIONS by L.J. Smith.
• In addition, Simon & Schuster iPhone apps will be immediately available on the iPad, including the popular 365 CROSSWORDS ($4.99); BRO 2GO ($2.99, based on the bestselling book THE BRO CODE based on the hit show “How I Met Your Mother”); the recently released JODI PICOULT app ($0.99); and the PIMSLEUR: 2GO language series ($5.99, available in Spanish, French, Italian, German, Japanese and Russian).
The CBS library on iTunes will also be available to iPad users. CBS content available in the iTunes library for purchase includes full-length episodes of popular shows such as NCIS, CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION, CRIMINAL MINDS, MEDIUM, SURVIVOR and many more.