CBS Radio has bulked up in Houston with two more stations, completing a swap with Clear Channel that was announced in December. CC Radio got stations in Seattle, Baltimore, Sacramento and Portland, OR.
Here’s the market by market breakdown:
* Houston: CBS will get KHMX-FM & KLOL-FM, joining a cluster which already includes KIKK-AM, KKHH-FM & KILT AM-FM. Clear Channel retains KTBZ-FM, KBME-AM, KKRW-FM, KODA-FM, KPRC-AM & KTRH-AM.
* Portland OR: Clear Channel gets KXJM-FM & KLTH-FM, joining a cluster which already includes KEX-AM, KPOJ-AM, KKCW-FM, KKRZ-FM & KQOL-FM. CBS retains KINK-FM, KUFO-FM, KUPL-FM & KCMD-AM.
* Baltimore MD: Clear Channel gets WQSR-FM, joining a cluster which already includes WCHH-FM, WPOC-FM & WCAO-AM. CBS retains WJZ AM-FM, WLZL-FM, WLIF-FM & WWMX-FM.
* Seattle WA: Clear Channel gets KBKS-FM, joining a cluster which already includes KHHO-AM, KJR AM-FM, KFNK-FM, KNBQ-FM & KUBE-FM. CBS retains KJAQ-FM, KMPS-FM, KZOK-FM & KPTK-AM.
* Sacramento CA: Clear Channel gets KQJK-FM, joining a cluster which already includes KGBY-FM, KHYL-FM, KSTE-AM & KFBK-AM. CBS retains KYMX-FM, KHTK-AM, KSFM-FM, KZZO-FM & KNCI-FM.
RBR/TVBR observation: This transactions clears a station overage off of Clear Channel’s books in Houston, bulks them up elsewhere, avoids the pulling cash or a credit card out of anybody’s wallet and keeps the tax man at bay – a true transaction for 2009.