CBS Interactive announced traffic results from the May Nielsen Online U.S. report. In its inaugural inclusion in the CBS Interactive Network of sites, CBS Radio, now part of the newly-formed CBS Interactive Music Group, scored significant growth across all major metrics, headlined by a 206% year-over-year growth in minutes. Other CBS Interactive properties registering considerable growth include the CBS Sports group, GameSpot and Last.fm.
CBS Interactive highlights from Nielsen NetRatings for May:
• CBS Radio, comprised of more than 140 station websites, posted significant gains in unique users (63% y/y), visits (129% y/y), minutes (206% y/y) and page views (118% y/y).
• The CBS Sports group of sites reported healthy year-over-year gains across all properties: CBSSports.com registered a 35% jump in unique users, CBS College Sports Network increased 19% in unique users, 22% in visits and 34% in minutes while MaxPreps.com gained 86% in unique users and 43% in visits. Additionally, CBSSports.com continues to dominate the engagement metrics with 58.2 minutes per person, leading the next closest site (espn.com) by approximately 24 minutes.
• Fresh off a showing at the E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) trade show, GameSpot saw a 31% month-over-month growth in minutes to compliment a double-digit year-over-year increase in page views (13%).
• Last.fm posted strong year-over-year growth in unique users (29%) as well as in minutes (29%) and visits (36%).
• CHOW, CBS Interactive’s online destination and community environment for food and drink enthusiasts recorded double digit year-over-year gains in unique visitors (36%) and visits (+47%).