CBS Radio’s all-news WBBM-A/FM will continue to be the radio home of Chicago Bears football in a new multiyear deal. WBBM has had the rights since 2000. The deal also includes extending Bears coverage across CBS Radio five other Chicago stations (670 The Score, B96, 104.3 K-Hits, US 99.5 and 93 XRT) through a variety of specialty programming.
Pre-season, regular-season and extensive pre- and post-game shows will continue to be featured on the stations.
“We are happy to continue our outstanding partnership with WBBM Newsradio 780 & 105.9FM and excited to create new opportunities with the other stations in the CBS Radio Chicago family,” Bears President and CEO Ted Phillips said. “We want to continue to add unique content offerings for our diverse fan base, and CBS Radio Chicago provides an excellent fit to help us achieve this goal.”
WBBM Newsradio 780 & 105.9FM Sports Director Jeff Joniak remains the play-by-play voice for games, along with former 1985 Bears Super Bowl guard Tom Thayer handling color commentary. 670 The Score’s Zach Zaidman provides reports from the sideline.
Elements of the deal include:
• All CBS Radio Chicago stations will feature a segment with a representative from the Bears every Monday morning during football season;
• 670 The Score’s team coverage will extend coverage throughout the day under the banner “Bears Mondays;”
• “Bears Noon Hour Update,” which began this season, will continue to run weekdays on 670 The Score throughout the season;
• Beginning in 2013, a 3-4 minute Bears vignette will be broadcast Saturday evenings on 670 The Score and replayed on WBBM Newsradio 780 & 105.9FM through Sunday morning;
• Bears All-Access, a one-hour program on 670 The Score, will become a year-round weekly program.