People who miss the “Wonderful World of Disney” on ABC this summer can still see the full-length movies – and they won’t even need a DVR. Disney announced that it will, for the first time, stream entire movies on Disney.com, with free streaming Monday-Friday following the Saturday airing on ABC.
“Streaming full-length films on Disney.com takes our commitment to delivering world-class online entertainment to the next level. This is a wonderful partnership with ABC, and just another example of how Disney’s unmatched, high-quality content can be leveraged on multiple platforms,” said Paul Yanover, Executive Vice President and Managing Director, Disney Online.
Wonderful World of Disney television and online schedule:
* “Finding Nemo” – currently available online through June 13
* “Monsters Inc.” – airs on ABC Saturday, June 14 at 8pm; available on Disney.com June 16-20
* “Haunted Mansion” – airs on ABC Saturday, June 28 at 8pm; available on Disney.com June 30-July 4
* “Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen” – airs on ABC Saturday, July 5 at 8pm; available on Disney.com July 7-11
* “Princess Diaries 2” – airs on ABC Saturday, July 12 at 8pm; available on Disney.com July 14-18
* “Freaky Friday” – airs on ABC Saturday, July 19 at 8pm; available on Disney.com July 21-25
* “Peter Pan” – airs on ABC Saturday, Aug. 2 at 8pm; available on Disney.com Aug. 4-8
Additionally, Disney.com will stream the Disney Channel Original Movie “Camp Rock” on Monday, June 23, following its television premiere on June 20 and additional airings on ABC on June 21, and ABC Family on June 22. The Disney.com “Camp Rock” online event will include unique interactive content so fans can chat and play games while watching. Fans can also watch in a full screen experience featuring “Camp Rock” trivia and an interactive map of the camp.
RBR/TVBR observation: We’ve certainly made use of ABC’s streaming site for viewing episodes of shows that we weren’t able to watch at their regularly scheduled broadcast time. Streaming full movies makes sense as well. After all, this is streaming, not downloading. Also, these are flicks that are not fresh from the theater screens. The streaming helps build the Disney brand, just as the “Wonderful World of Disney” does.