ESPN launched its newest application to the Apple iTunes App Store for ESPN Radio. The app gives millions of ESPN Radio listeners access to live radio streams, fan favorite shows, the latest SportsCenter updates every 20 minutes, popular podcasts, play-by-play broadcasts, live scores, newsfeeds and text messaging and call-in capabilities directly to ESPN Radio and ESPN affiliate stations.
“Our mission is to serve sports fans the best audio wherever they are and whenever they want it on any device,” said Marc Horine, vice president of digital partnerships and sales development for ESPN. “The ESPN Radio app delivers that same great content to mobile listeners through a seamless audio experience while also allowing complete control to choose from their favorite stations, shows and podcasts.”
The app is available on iTunes for $2.99 and includes:
• Popular ESPN Radio Shows: Access to live audio from fan favorite shows like Mike & Mike in the Morning, The Herd with Colin Cowherd, The Scott Van Pelt Show, The Michael Kay Show, The Michael Irvin Show and many more.
• Live Radio Station Streams: Over 15 ESPN Radio stations, including ESPN 1050 New York, ESPN 1250 Pittsburgh, ESPN 1000 Chicago, ESPN 103.3 Dallas and ESPN 710 Los Angeles.
• Podcasts: Over 35 ESPN Radio podcasts available including The BS Report with Bill Simmons, Pardon The Interruption, Around The Horn and Fantasy Focus.
• Live Play-by-Play Broadcasts: Listen in on ESPN Radio play-by-play for college football games in real-time.
• SportsCenter Updates: The latest news from SportsCenter updated every 20 minutes.
• Live Scores & Newsfeeds: Access to NFL, MLB, NHL, college and professional sports teams scores and news.
• Text Messaging: User can send a message directly to the studio of an ESPN Radio show.