Seconds before RBR+TVBR‘s Friday afternoon news deadline, an Entercom Communications representative sent along internal company communication that confirmed “a reorganization” of the company’s regional president structure.
Here are all the details.
They come courtesy of an internal memo sent to Entercom staff by COO Susan Larkin, who recently succeeded the now-retired Weezie Kramer in the role.
In the memo, Larkin says, “Over the past few months, we have been hard at work identifying strategic shifts that will position Entercom as a strong, growing organization with a bright future.”
With that, Entercom on Friday moved forward with what it calls a “streamlined model of, in most cases, geographically connected markets.”
This, Larkin says, “will allow our local markets to benefit from their shared leadership, increased collaboration, combined resources, and amplified opportunities for advertisers.”
She adds that Entercom “will unlock tremendous potential to leverage our scale, become increasingly competitive and nimble, and superserve our communities in ways that were not before possible.”
As such, the following duties roster for Entercom’s Regional Presidents was established:
• Doug Abernethy – Atlanta, Charlotte, Denver, Greensboro, Greenville-Spartanburg, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Norfolk, Phoenix, Portland, Richmond, Sacramento, St. Louis, San Francisco, Seattle, Wichita
• Jeff Federman – Los Angeles, Riverside, San Diego
• Mark Hannon – Baltimore, Boston, Buffalo, Cleveland, Detroit, Hartford, Philadelphia,
Pittsburgh, Providence, Rochester, Springfield, Washington D.C., Wilkes-Barre/Scranton
• Claudia Menegus – Gainesville, Memphis, Miami, Orlando
• Brian Purdy – Austin, Chattanooga, Dallas, Houston, New Orleans,
• Rachel Williamson – Chicago, Madison, Milwaukee, Minneapolis
It’s a promotion for Menegus, who has been Market Manager for Entercom’s Orlando cluster.
For Hannon, the new duties mean that the search is on for a new Market Manager for
Entercom’s Boston cluster.
And, with the changes, Larkin says Entercom Chief Revenue Officer Bob Phillips, Sales Operations President Michael Doyle; and Entercom/Kansas City SVP/Market Manager Dave Alpert “will remain 100% focused on their primary responsibilities.”
And, Larkin will continue to have regional oversight of Entercom/New York.