The Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation is going to take a look at the universal service fund and how it relates to broadband implementation on Thursday 6/24/10. And the first two witnesses will be Democratic FCC Commissioners Michael Copps and Mignon Clyburn and Republican Meredith Baker.
The Committee, chaired by Jay Rockefeller (D-WV) will kick off the session at 10AM. It is entitled “Univeral Service: Transforming the high cost fund for the broadband era.”
Here is the two-panel lineup of witnesses:
* Michael J. Copps, Federal Communications Commission
* Mignon Clyburn, Federal Communications Commission
* Meredith Atwell Baker, Federal Communications Commission
* Jeff Gardner, CEO, Windstream Communications
* Delbert Wilson, GM, Hill Country Telephone Cooperative
* John Gockley, VP, Legal and Regulatory Affairs, US Cellular Corp.
* Paul Waits, President, Ritter Communications
* Kyle McSlarrow, President/CEO, NCTA