Roberto Gonzalez has assigned the right to buy a five-station starter radio group to, well, himself – but the seller remains Rhattigan Broadcasting (Texas) L.P. Gonzalez will wind up with ownership of two stations in Uvalde and three in Eagle Pass.
Gonzalez was originally going to buy the stations under licensee name Regency Entertainment and Promotions LLC. Instead, he will buy them under one corporate name – MB Revolution LLC, and two licensee names – MBM Radio Eagle Pass and MBM Radio Uvalde LLC.
Both towns are beyond the reach of Arbitron. Uvalde is west of San Antonio. MB will be picking up KVOU AM-FM and KUVA-FM there. Eagle Pass is even further to the west and is just across the Rio Grande from Mexico. The stations there are KEPS-AM and KINL-FM. MB noted that the two towns are 55 miles apart as the crow flies, and hence constitute separate markets.
The price is $2.1M cash.
Here are the facilities for the Uvalde stations:
* KVOU-AM is a Class C on 1400 kHz with 1 kW-U, ND
* KVOU-FM is a Class C3 on 104.9 MHz with 25 kW @ 272’
* KUVA-FM is a Class A on 102.3 MHz with 4 kW @ 217’
And the Eagle Pass stations set up like this:
* KEPS-AM is a Class D on 1270 kHz with 890 W-D, 32 W-N, ND
* KINL-FM is a Class C3 on 92.7 MHz with 20 kW @ 184’