When Rachel Chong was formerly invited to appear before Congress, it was as a member of the Federal Communications Commission’s 8th floor contingent. This time, she’ll be addressing the Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, and the Internet in her capacity as an official of the State of California. The topic is “The National Broadband Plan: Promoting Broadband Adoption.”
The session is on the books for Thursday 5/13/10 at 10AM under the gavel of Rick Boucher (D-VA).
Here is the full witness list:
* Carol Mattey, Deputy Chief, Wireline Competition Bureau, Federal Communications Commission
* Rachelle Chong, Special Counsel, Office of the Chief Information Officer, State of California
* Rivkah Sass, Director, Sacramento Public Library System
* C. Howie Hodges II, Senior Vice President, Government Affairs, One Economy
* Laura Taylor, Chief Policy Officer, Connected Nation
RBR-TVBR observation: There are several aspects of the National Broadband Plan that are of great concern to broadcasters, but this isn’t one of them. Now if they were going to discuss something like spectrum reallocation, that’d be a different story.