With the sixth audition episode of AMERICAN IDOL and an original MOBBED, FOX ranked #1 last night among Adults 18-49, Total Viewers, Adults 18-34 and Teens and outperformed its nearest competitor for the night by +132% in Adults 18-49 (4.4 vs. CBS’ 1.9) and +62% in Total Viewers (13.1 vs. 8.1 Mil for CBS).
Note that television viewing levels were down -4% in the 8-9pm hour last night versus the previous week.
* AMERICAN IDOL: 5.9/17, down -9% from last week, but this number could go up to a 6.0 (down -8%) in the finals this afternoon
* IDOL was the highest rated program of the night in Adults 18-49, Total Viewers, Adults 18-34 and Teens.
* Last night’s IDOL beat the combined four-net competition in the 8p hour and outperformed the combined three-net competition in Total Viewers
* IDOL grew in Teens by +7% in Teens versus last Wednesday (4.7 vs. 4.4)
* IDOL grew in its second half hour by +21% in Adults 18-49 and +17% in Total Viewers
* MOBBED: 2.9/7, up 123% from two weeks ago (1.3/3 on 1/11/12)
* MOBBED was the second-highest rated program of the night among Adults 18-49
* Won its 9pm hour in Adults 18-49, Adults 18-34 and Teens
* ABC ran repeats of The Middle (1.2/4), Suburgatory (1.2/3), Modern Family (2.7/7), Happy Endings (1.9/5), and Revenge (0.9/2).
* CBS aired the special The Super Bowl’s Greatest Commercials (2.1/6, down -5% from last year) at 8p, followed by repeats of Criminal Minds (2.1/5) and CSI (1.5/4) at 9p and 10p.
* NBC ran original episodes of Whitney (1.7/5, up +21%) and Are You There, Chelsea (1.7/5, up +21%), followed by back-to-back repeats of Law & Order: SVU (1.1/3 and 1.6/4).