Airing the AMERICAN IDOL Top 12 Results show, FOX won the night in Adults 18-49, Total Viewers, Adults 18-34 and Teens. FOX out-rated its nearest competitor for the night by +42% in Adults 18-49 (3.4 vs. 2.4 for ABC) and +33% in Total Viewers (12.1 vs. 9.1 Mil for ABC). FOX has now ranked #1 nine Thursdays in a row among Adults 18-49.
* AMERICAN IDOL: 4.5/14, down -8% from last week but should go up to 4.6 in the finals. (NOTE: TV usage was down -5.4% from 8-9pm last night versus last Thursday, so that accounts for most of the decline)
* AMERICAN IDOL was the highest rated program of the night in Adults 18-49, Total Viewers and Teens.
* IDOL beat the #2 program by +50% in Adults 18-49 (vs. Grey’s Anatomy) and +46% in Total Viewers (vs. Missing)
* In addition, AMERICAN IDOL grew in its last half hour versus its first by +25% in Adults 18-49 (5.0 vs. 4.0) and +22% in Total Viewers (17.1 vs. 14.0 Mil.)
TOUCH (RS): 2.2/6
* Even as an encore, TOUCH was the #1 program in its hour among Teens and ranked #2 in its hour in the core adult demo.