Harrisburg, PA – iHeartMedia, Inc., one of the leading global media and entertainment companies specializing in radio, digital, outdoor, mobile, live events, and on-demand entertainment and information services across the nation is seeking a full-time on-camera TV traffic anchor for its Total Traffic & Weather Network broadcast operation in Harrisburg, PA. We are seeking a confident, outgoing talent who is comfortable delivering up-to-the-minute traffic and transit information on camera using state of the art digital resources.
• Focuses on providing timely and useful information to commuters planning their drives to and from work, by maintaining contact with external sources of information.
• Announces the latest accidents and traffic delays.
• Announces traffic reports, commercials and public service messages to TV viewers from a variety of in-take sources; canvasses local, state and national traffic news to determine significance and prioritization.
• Identifies, researches, and creates copy regarding traffic to feature during on-air shift; finalizes content using digital mapping software and traffic video.
• Manages gathered information: keeps all the facts straight, makes sure details are accurate and current and tracks any changes.
• In designated Hub stations, gathers and provides coverage for stations in multiple cities/locations.
• Maintains crucial deadlines in order to provide traffic updates in a timely fashion.
• May prepare written content, visual images, audio material and video footage for websites, blogs or other social-media platforms.
• May require flexibility in work schedules with AM availability
• May be embedded in a TV station.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, social networking platforms and audio production software
• Knowledgeable with Harrisburg coverage area geography and roadways, mass transit and traffic patterns
• Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation
• Adept at working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, “newsroom-like” collaborative environment
• Excellent writing and editing skills; proficient in grammar
• Strong attention to detail, following up until issues are resolved
• Ability to plan and organize, set priorities and multi task in a fast-paced environment
• Green screen and previous on-camera TV experience is a plus
• 1-2+ years’ experience as a news or street reporter for a commercial TV station. Previous experience as a traffic reporter is a plus, but not required.
• 4-year college degree, preferably in Broadcast Journalism or Communications
• None required
To apply, candidates should submit their resume and samples of their work to: