As a new generation of television sets solidifies its hold on the American living room, enterprising companies such as Sorenson Media will be able to provide digitally-generated metrics to the benefit of local broadcast operators and their advertisers.
Sorenson has been pushing forward in this area for a couple of decades.
Among the capabilities its SPARK service can provide include:
* Personalizing broadcast TV ads to households based on data
* Hyper-localizing broadcast TV ads to increase relevance and efficacy, for example: showing a coupon for a local branch of a chain restaurant
* Connecting TV audiences to online social campaigns
* Providing detailed analytics on both advertising and programming
* Providing viewer polls, quizzes or contests to accompany your content, for example: voting for contestants on a TV show
* Providing viewers with useful alerts & notifications, for example: traffic alerts
Sorenson can be reached at:
RBR+TVBR observation: This makes us think of Kantar, which if we are correct uses OTT boxes to gather all sorts of data. As more and more TVs are either self-connected or device-connected to the web, we have to wonder what the ultimate effect will be on traditional survey-based ratings will be.