The Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, and the Internet under Rick Boucher (D-VA) will host a number of panelists, including Acting FCC Chairman Michael Copps, to examine the state of the DTV transition today. The industry underwent a mini-transition on the original not-so-hard deadline of 2/17/09 and is gearing up for the new hard deadline of 6/12/09. 927 stations will run side-by-side digital and analog broadcasts all the way to the end. The meeting begins at 10AM.
* Anna Gomez, Acting Secretary for Communications and Information, Department of Commerce
* Michael J. Copps, Acting Chairman, Federal Communications Commission
* Mark Lloyd, Vice President, Strategic Initiatives, Leadership Conference on Civil Rights
* Peter Morrill, General Manager, Idaho Public Television
* Robert S. Prather, Jr., President, Gray Television, Inc.
* Gary Severson, Senior Vice President, General Manager, Entertainment, Wal-Mart Stores, US
* Gary Shapiro, President and CEO, Consumer Electronics Association
* Christopher Wood, Vice President, Senior Legal Counsel, DTV Compliance Officer, Univision Communications Inc.