Last week RBR + TVBR told you that President-Elect Donald Trump had selected Jason Miller to serve as Assistant to the President and Director of Communications.
On Christmas Eve, it became known that Miller will not be taking the post.
In a statement made Friday evening to Inside-the-Beltway news source Politico, Miller explained, “After spending this past week with my family, the most amount of time I have been able to spend with them since March 2015, it is clear they need to be my top priority right now and this is not the right time to start a new job as demanding as White House communications director. My wife and I are also excited about the arrival of our second daughter in January, and I need to put them in front of my career.”
Miller was a top communications advisor to Texas Sen. Ted Cruz’s presidential campaign prior to joining the Trump campaign. He also served on former New York Mayor Rudolph Giuliani’s presidential campaign, in 2008.
Sean Spicer, who was named to be White House press secretary earlier this week, will take over Miller’s responsibilities as communications director, Miller said.