Executives from Comcast and NBC Universal will be joined by Rainbow/PUSH founder Jesse Jackson Sr. as guests of the House Committee on Energy and Commerce, and its Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, and the Internet. The occasion is the panel’s road trip to Chicago to take apart the proposed merger of Comcast and NBCU.
The session, entitled “Comcast and NBC Universal: Who Benefits?” is on the calendar for Thursday 7/8/10, kicking off at 9AM local time. The venue is the Everett Dirksen Federal Building at 219 South Dearborn Street.
Here are the invited witnesses:
* Samuel R. DeSimone, Jr., General Counsel, EarthLink, Inc.
* Shirley Franklin, Executive Senior Adviser, Alliance for Digital Equality
* Will Griffin, President and Chief Executive Officer, Hip Hop On Demand
* Reverend Jesse Jackson, Sr., Founder and President, Rainbow PUSH Coalition, Inc.
* Paula Madison, Executive Vice President, Chief Diversity Officer, NBC Universal
* Joseph W. Waz, Jr., Senior Vice President, External Affairs and Public Policy Counsel, Comcast Corporation