The House Judiciary Committee is meeting on the Left Coast to take up the proposed merger of Comcast and NBCU under the gavel of Chairman John Conyers (D-MI). Also attending from the committee will be merger skeptic Maxine Waters (D-CA). And although former FCC Chair Kevin Martin is still listed on the witness list as of 1:30 Eastern time, he will NOT be there.
Martin, now with law/lobbying firm Patton Boggs, was invited but was not in the office to receive the invitation, according to reports, and never did accept the invitiation.
Here is the roster of witnesses:
* Will Griffin, President and COO, Hip Hop On Demand, Round Rock, TX
* Alex Nogales, President and CEO, National Hispanic Media Coalition, Pasadena, CA
* Samuel Kang, Managing Attorney, The Greenlining Institute, Berkeley, CA
* Allen Hammond, Phil and Bobbie Sanfilippo Professor of Law, Santa Clara University School of Law, Santa Clara, CA
* Alfred C. Liggins, III, President and CEO, Radio One, Inc., Lanham, MD
* Stanley E. Washington, Chairman and CEO, National Coalition of African American Owned Media, Beverly
* Paula Madison, Executive Vice President, Diversity, NBC Universal, New York, NY
* Jim Weitkamp, District 9 Vice President, Communications Workers of America, Sacramento, CA
* Suzanne de Passe, Co-Chair, de Passe Jones Entertainment, Los Angeles, CA
* Darnell M. Hunt, Ph.D., Professor of Sociology, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA
* Kathryn F. Galan, Executive Director, National Association of Latino Independent Producers, Santa Monica, CA
* Frank G. Washington, Chairman and CEO, Tower of Babel, LLC, Sacramento, CA