The topic is (turn on echo machine): THE FUTURE. The sponsor is Microsoft, and among the participants is FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski. The title of the session is “Finding Work, Finding Our Way: Building the Economy & Jobs of the Future.” It’s taking place during the morning of 2/9/11 in Washington.
The diverse lineup of participants includes one broadcaster, PBS’s Judy Woodruff.
It is being held at Knight Broadcast Studio on Pennsylvania (within ten blocks of the White House), and runs from 8:15 AM-12 noon.
The program figures to touch on many different topics, not just those related to communications. The full list of speakers includes:
* Julius Genachowski, Chairman, Federal Communications Commission
* Bob McDonnell, Governor, Commonwealth of Virginia
* Gene Sperling, Director, National Economic Council
* Brian Deese, Special Assistant to the President for Economic Policy, The White House
* Holden Thorp, Chancellor, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill
* Judy Woodruff, Senior Correspondent, PBS NewsHour
* Kenneth Lieberthal, Senior, The Brookings Institution
* Shazi Visram, Founder and CEO, HAPPYBABY
* Paul Freedman, CEO, Altius Education
* Safi Bahcall, Director, President, and CEO, Synta Pharmaceuticals