Bonneville’s KIRO Radio 97.3 FM Seattle and MyNorthwest.com will honor one local student with a $10,000 dollar scholarship on 6/6 live on Seattle’s Morning News with Dave Ross.
The Standout Student Awards, in partnership with Comprehensive Wealth Management and the Rotary Club of Lynnwood, honors Western Washington students who stand out in the classroom, school and community. Nine students were selected as monthly winners, where they received a $1,000 scholarship and are eligible for the $10,000 educational scholarship grant.
$10,000 Standout Student Award Nominees:
1. Brook Negussie, Global Connections High School (September 2013)
2. Vicki Rains, Anacortes High School (October 2013)
3. Kevin Staley, Interlake High School (November 2013)
4. Carolyn Van Der Meulen, Kamiak High School (December 2013)
5. Sophie Knudson, Shorecrest High School (January 2014)
6. Tiffany Coons, Kamiak High School (February 2014)
7. Haylee Rae Beltran, Glacier Peak High School (March 2014)
8. Kyle Campbell, Olympic High School (April 2014)
9. Taylan Swift, Steilacoom High School (May 2014)
Listeners are encouraged to vote on the top three candidates online at www.MyNorthwest.com from May 26-30, 2014.
“Education drives prosperity and better lives. Our team at Comprehensive Wealth Management is very pleased to help support students who have shown themselves to be highly motivated, both academically and as good citizens,” said Gary Arford, Founder of Comprehensive Wealth Management.