The list of witnesses is out for the House Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, and the Internet, and it looks like there may be some possibility of seeing a few sparks generated – although not all potential players have a representative. But interests from the cable, telco and production communities will be there.
The session is on the schedule for Thursday, 10/22/09 at 10AM. The subcommittee is chaired by Rick Boucher (D-VA); Cliff Stearns (R-FL) is the Ranking Member.
Appearing on the witness panel:
* Terrence Denson, Verizon
* Patrick Knorr, Sunflower Broadband
* Ronald Moore, “Battlestar Galactica” executive producer
* Benjamin Pyne, Disney Media Networks
* Thomas Rutledge, Cablevision
* Adam Thierer, Progress and Freedom Foundation