Items from here and there in the world of communications: Gannett and Scripps Interactive have scheduled results calls; Hubbard is backing the Newseum; iHeart and CNN are going to New Hampshire; RTDNA is updating its website; and NAB is updating its engineers’ resource.
* Gannett Co. is now on the quarterly conference call calendar, and is set to reveal Q2 results on 7/29/15 at 10AM. Of course, this publication’s interest is lessened dramatically now that Gannett is a broadcast-free corporation.
* Scripps Interactive, the multiplatform lifestyle program producer, will be announcing Q2 results Tuesday 8/4/15. A conference call is scheduled for 10:00 AM eastern.
* Hubbard Broadcasting is now a Founding Partner of Newseum, and has made a gift of $5,000,000 the institution, which now includes the Hubbard Broadcasting Concourse. Hubbard Newser WTOP is one of the top news sources in the Newseum’s Washington DC home.
* iHeartMedia and CNN are teaming up to make an 8/3/15 Voter’s First Republican Presidential Candidate Forum to Americans everywhere. iHeart will make the 90-minute event available locally over the air, and both iHeart and CNN will take the event national over their distribution platforms.
* RTDNA has upgraded its website. It is well aware that consumer media usage is changing rapidly, that news organizations are adapting, and notes that it will do so as well. It is particularly mindful of making the site useful across the entire desktop, tablet and smartphone universe.
* The first edition came out in 1935, and the 11th edition is now on its way. The NAB says the latest version of the “NAB Engineering Handbook” is expected to be off press by August 2017. Editor-in-Chief Garrision Cavell says the goal is to create a useful rather guide rather than a scholarly tome.