‘Meet The Press’ w/ David Gregory posts ratings win


NBC Has Its Best Total Viewer Delivery in Almost a Year — Tops CBS by More Than a Million Viewers, ABC by More Than 1.5 Million Viewers and FOX News by Almost 3 Million Viewers

Marks the Third Highest Week in Online Video Streams for the Program’s Website
NEW YORK – February 19, 2010 – “Meet the Press with David Gregory” was the most-watched Sunday morning public affairs program in all categories for the week ending February 14, 2010 according to Nielsen Media Research data. The NBC broadcast was No. 1, delivering 4.162 million total viewers, +38% more (+1,137,000) than second place CBS’ “Face the Nation” 3.025 million, a +66% lead (+1,654,000) over third place ABC’s “This Week” 2.508 million, and a +245% advantage (+2,954,00) over FOX News Sunday’s 1.208 million viewers. “Meet the Press” has now placed first in total viewers for 430 of the past 435 weeks (when everyone is at full coverage).

NBC had its best total viewer delivery since March 22, 2009, its best total viewer advantage over “This Week” since December 7, 2008, and its best advantage over “Face The Nation” since May 17, 2009. ABC had its lowest total viewer delivery since August 23, 2009.

Rebroadcasts of the program on msnbc delivered an additional 421,000 viewers. Note: Due to the Olympics, the network repeat of MTP was pre-empted.

In Washington, D.C., “Meet the Press” beat the competition with 110,000 viewers (4.5/12 HH). The NBC program had a +340% lead over ABC’s 25,000 (0.8/2 HH) and FOX News’ 25,000 viewers (1.1/3 HH), and +64% more than CBS’ 67,000 (2.0/5 HH).

In homes nationally, the NBC broadcast topped the competition with a 2.9 rating and 8 share. CBS came in second with a 2.2/6, ABC in third with a 1.8/5 and FOX was last with 0.8/2. “Meet the Press” has now placed first in households for 528 of the past 531 weeks (when everyone is at full coverage).

Among adults 25-54, the NBC Sunday morning placed first with 1,354,000 viewers. CBS came in second with 878,000 viewers, ABC was third with 797,000 and Fox was last with 427,000. “Meet the Press” posted its best A25-54 rating since March 29, 2009.

“Meet the Press” was the only public affairs program to increase its audience week-to-week, growing in homes (+12%), total viewers (+16% or +588,000), rating W/M/A18-49 (+33%/+50%/+50%), and rating W/M/A25-54 (+11%/+50%/+38%). It also posted the largest year-to-year gains, increasing in total viewers (+4%, or +150,000), rating M/A18-49 (+13%/+13%). In addition, “Meet the Press” posted double-digit, across-the-board gains versus its 1Q’09 to date average in homes (+16%), total viewers (+17%, or +590,000), rating W/M/A18-49 (+33%/+50%/+50%), and rating W/M/A25-54 (+11%/+33%/+22%). Compared to its season-to-date average, the NBC program is up double-digits in homes (+26%), total viewers (+29%, or +939,000), rating W/M/A18-49 (+33%/+80%/+50%), and rating W/M/A25-54 (+25%/+50%/+38%).

Season-to-date, “Meet the Press'” lead over second-place “Face the Nation” has grown to +18% in total viewers and +15% in A25-54 (000).

On its digital platforms, “Meet the Press” generated more than 884,000 online video streams from February 14 through February 19, 2010. This marks the third highest week in online video streams for the site. The “Meet the Press” video podcast (available at www.mtp.msnbc.com) remains the top ranked network Sunday Morning program podcast on iTunes.

Last week’s guests was Vice President Joe Biden. The roundtable featured The New York Times’ David Brooks, msnbc’s Rachel Maddow, Fmr. Rep. Harold Ford Jr. (D-TN) and Rep. Aaron Schock (R-IL).

David Gregory is moderator of “Meet the Press.” Betsy Fischer is the executive producer and Rebecca Samuels and Chris Donovan are the producers.

(source: information provided by NBC)