These six companies representing a wide cross-section of the communications universe all have one thing in common – each has recently announced the time and date of its next quarterly conference call. Three will be held on the same day.
* Television and magazine hybrid Meredith Corporation has entered the quarterly reporting calendar. It will hold forth on Thursday 7/30/15 at 11:00 AM eastern.
* Saga Communications will meet with shareholders and analysts to discuss Q2 results on Tuesday 8/4/15. Financials will be released at 9:00 AM eastern, with a conference call taking place two hours later.
* Radio-based multimedia local specialist Townsquare Media will hit the wires on Wednesday 8/5/15 to discuss its Q2 2015 results. The session will kick off at 8:00 AM Eastern.
* Dish Network is planning to discuss its Q2 results on Wednesday 8/5/15. The satellite MVPD will hold its call at 12 Noon Eastern.
* Salem Media Group will be announcing its Q2 results on Wednesday, August 5. The California-based group will host its teleconference at 2PM Pacific, which translates to 5PM for those of us based in the east.
* Although of less interest to broadcasters, we note that Rupert Murdoch’s print-oriented News Corporation will be announcing results for its full fiscal 2015 late in the cycle and late in the day, on Wednesday 8/12/15 at 6:00 PM Eastern. (That’s 8AM Thursday if you’re in Sydney, Australia.)