MFM – the Media Financial Management Association recognized its 2014 Award Winners, at Media Finance Focus 2014, the 54th annual conference for Media Financial Management Association (MFM) and its BCCA subsidiary, held this week in Miami.
This year’s honorees included:
James F. Woodward, CFO of Media General, who received its Distinguished CFO Award in recognition of his role in the company’s dramatic financial turnaround and transformation into a “pure-play television station group;
C. Robin Szabo, president, Szabo Associates, the recipient of the association’s Chairman’s Award in Memory of Edward H. Deichman, which pays tribute to those who have made long-standing contributions to MFM, helping it prosper and expand through leadership and support;
Dean Rohrbaugh, Director Tax Information Systems, Graham Holdings, who received its Jack Zwaska Career Achievement Award, which is named after a former MFM Board member and executive director of the Television Music License Committee and bestowed on those who help to grow MFM and the industry at large; and Linda Powell, Director Credit & Collections for Cablevision, who received the BCCA Contributor Award, which honors a BCCA member whose leadership and dedication has benefitted the media credit and collections industry.
Also honored at the conference were MFM’s 2014 MFM Rainmaker Award winners, who are recognized for helping the association expand its value through their contributions to its educational, membership and sponsors programs:
• Scott Moody, Senior Vice President and CFO, Bonten Media;
• Tammy Osborne, Vice President, Marketing & Client Services, Andersen, Randall & Richards;
• Gina Gin, Partner, PwC; and
• Greg Frost, Corp. Credit & Collections Manager, Hearst Television.
Named 2014 Working Capital Award winners, in recognition of giving extensively of their time to help MFM and BCCA produce educational sessions and materials and for their Committee involvement were:
• Roger Hiles, Executive Director, Finance, Turner Broadcasting System;
• Pat Shanahan, Vice President, Tax, Tribune Company;
• Eivind Sandstrand, Senior Manager Business Development, arvato Systems; and
• Lori LeBlanc, Business Director, Meredith Corporation.