Gary Rozynek’s Maverick Media is heading off-stage with deals to sell the company’s final two radio clusters in Eau-Claire WI and Rockford IL to Mid-West Family. The move follows the sale of clusters in Lima OH and Santa Rosa CA.
The deal includes two AMs and four FMs in Eau Claire, and an AM, three FMs and a very effective FM translator in Rockford.
The price for the stations will be $15.5M. An LMA which will allow Midwest to beging operating the stations prior to closing is set to kick off 5/1/13.
Rozynek told local media in Eau Claire that he wanted a new owner familiar with the region to take over the stations, and that Mid-West Family and Tom Walker fit the bill.
For his part, Walker said he was very familiar with the market and intended to keep on winning with cluster Rozynek had been running. There are not expected to be any changes in leadership at the cluster.
For Mid-West, it adds to its regional group, which includes clusters in La Crosse WI, Madison WI, Springfield IL, Springfield MO and Southwest Michigan (St. Joseph-Benton Harbor).
Here are the stations going to Mid-West:
Eau Claire WA:
* WAYY- AM, a Class B News/Talk station licensed to Eau Claire on 790 kHz with 5 kW-U, DAN
* WEAQ-AM, a Class D Sports station licensed to Chippewa Falls on 1150 kHz with 5 kW-D, 46 W-N, ND
* WECL-FM, a Class A Classic Rock station licensed to Elk Mound on 92.9 MHz with 3.3 kW @ 446’
* WIAL-FM, a Class C1 AC station licensed to Eau Claire on 94.1 MHz with 84 kW @ 351’
* WDRK-FM, a Class C3 Hits station licensed to Cornell on 99.9 MHz with 25 kW @ 328’
* WAXX-FM, a Class C Country station licensed to Eau Claire on 104.5 MHz with 100 kW @ 1,801’
* WNTA-AM, a Class D Comedy station licensed to Rockford on 1330 kHz with 1 kW-D, 91 W-N, DA2
* WGFB-FM, a Class A AC station licensed to Rockton on 103.1 MHz with 2.4 kW @ 525’
* WRTB-FM, a Class A AC station licensed to Winnebago on 95.3 MHz with 1.25 kW @ 512’
* WXRX-FM, a Class A Rock station licensed to Belvidere on 104.9 MHz with 4 kW @ 400’
* W263BJ (NTA-FM), a Class D News station licensed to Loves Park on 100.5 MHz with 230 W @ 249’.